Query about GST trans-2 filing

Discussion in 'GST (Goods & Service Tax)' started by Manisha Goyal, Aug 20, 2017.

  1. Manisha Goyal

    Manisha Goyal New Member

    We are Govt. Civil-Engg. Works Contractor, (this is the first time we enrolled ourselves with GST/VAT etc.. we were unregistered-before for past many years)

    Our question is; can a works contractor claim input tax credit on Closing Stock as on 30 june 2017 via., TRANS-2 (purchased goods will be used in the execution of works contract) ?

    We are asking this because, at some of the blogs/groups people say that; ITC shall not be available for any work contract services. ITC for the construction of an immovable property cannot be availed.

Share This Page