Urgent

Hello,
I have taken transfer in 2nd year of articleship due to shifting in another city with my parents. I want to ask is there any restriction on joining new firm on the basis of distance?

Raju Choudhary

Administrator
Staff member
Yes after 1 year of articleship there are many restictions for taking articleship transfer in your case you can face following restriction, below is icai rule for taking transfer after 1 year of articleship training....
  • Transfer of a working parent to another city involving a distance of minimum 50 kms (on production of a certified copy of the transfer order and the proof of relocation to another City).
So as per above rule you are not eligible to take transfer on the basis of distance, becuase this rule applicable on transfer of working parents from 1 city to another city....

You may find more details at following link
https://caknowledge.in/ca-articleship-transfer-procedure-rules-form-details/

Last edited:
Sir, I have already got approval from ICAI, but I want to join again in Delhi only. Will ICAI object in this? as my previous firm was in UP(Noida).

Raju Choudhary

Administrator
Staff member
If distance is more then 50 KM then ther are no restictions and in my best knowledge there are no restiction because your previous City is Noida and New City is Delhi..

I didn't get your 50km point. Are you saying this with context for taking transfer? So, if I again join in Delhi (west Delhi) there should not be any restrictions?? Is there any condition for re-registration after taking transfer?

Raju Choudhary

Administrator
Staff member
there are no restriction for re-registation after taking transfer, if you can take approval from ICAI then you can re-register for articleship without any issue...